Install via Godot
To maintain one source of truth, Godot Asset Library is just a mirror of the old asset library so you can download directly on Godot via the integrated asset library browser
The GPU accelerated version of Sprite Stacking.
A top-down 2.5D trick for the Godot Engine.
Now in full 3D!
Why 3D? Why not make it real 2.5D in 2D
No matter how you slice it, implenting performant sprite stacking in 2D Godot Engine always results in reimplementing features that come for free in the 3D Engine. Besides, all code is "3D" code, it just comes down to whether you want to implement feature compete 3d in Godot Script, or enable orthoganol in the Camera3D and call it a day
If you aren't convinced, you're more than welcome to pick up the work where it was left off. Fork off fork off feat/1/cam-pitch-rework and try to write a 2D solution for #1 #6 and #7.
Is found on the github pages for this repo.
Your License Scares Me!
Don't worry. It should be clear by reading it but just in case it's unclear for any reason:
- If you improve the code in any way, please open-source it and make a pull request.
- If you make a game with this, license it however you please. Just include a copy of the MPL.
- Ex: Chuck a copy of the license with the name "Shader-Stacker" in a "Licenses" folder.
- You can do whatever you want with the sample assets.
- A link back to the repo as attribution would be nice but not strictly neccesary.
Super fast 2D sprite stacking for Godot 4.0
Learn more at https://ka.rlphilli.ps/Shader-Stacker/